Entermedia: Cataloging Archives Documents
All new scans should contain a basic level of metadata as outlined in Scanning: Verify in Entermedia. Sometimes older documents/images do not have have the basic metadata -- this should be added according to the Verify instructions mentioned above. In either case, documents used/created for researchers, courses, and other archives events/programs should be cataloged as described below to make them easier to find in the future.
Create Researcher/Event/Program/Class Collection
In the Archives Research Requests library, add a new collection in the following format:
- yyyy-mm-dd Researcher Name - Course/Project OR
- yyyy-semester Researcher Name - Course/Project
- Follow the pattern of the collections already in Entermedia like these:
- 2014-Fall Annette Hunthrop-Sawadogo - UNIV 101 All KU courses should follow this format.
- 2017-Summer Audrey - Summer 1967 Seminar This is a course or potential course put together by Audrey
- 2014-03-05 Audrey - Alumni Association - KUAA Another Audrey project
- 2014-11 Prakash Kumar A researcher scan requested in November of 2014
- The point is to make the images easy for everyone (even the future public) to find, not to judge your telepathy skills. If you don't know what to call the collection, who or what it's for -- please most definitely do ask an Archives Staff Member.
Once the scans are in Entermedia, then you can add them to the collection. Do this by assigning them to the category for the collection (in the category picker, find the matching category under Collections \ Archives Research Requests).
Event/Program Type (3 places)
If a new scan or existing document will be used at an event, add it to the appropriate event/program type collection/category. There are a few places this needs to be done.
1. Pick the appropriate categories for this collection from Collections \ Events and Programs \ [program type]
- Collections \ Events and Programs \ Humanities Kansas
- Collections \ Events and Programs \ University Course
- Collections \ Events and Programs \ K-12: Bishop Seabury
- Collections \ Events and Programs \ K-12: High School
2. In the Edit Metadata view, select the appropriate Program Type.
- Community Group Presentation
- University Course
- K-12: High School
3. Also in Edit Metadata, select the particular Event where these documents will or have been used (see also Event Cataloging).
- KU Alumni Association Program: Your Story, His Story, The Legacy: Snapshots in Time from the Dole Archives
- Bishop Seabury Field Trip: Archives Orientation 2017
- University 101 Sports Class (This one could have a better title!)
Photos taken at an Archives Event/Program/Class
These photographs should be given to the Marketing Coordinator and go through the usual Events Photographs workflow and cataloging process.