Scanning: Create Derivative Photographs
Continued from Edit in Photoshop
1. Open Photoshop
2. Go to File > Scripts > Image Processor.
3. Match your settings to the screenshot and table below:
|1. Select Folder button||H:\Dole Archive Files\_NewScans\_Processed\MasterScanHolding\TIFF|
|2. Select location to save||Save in Same Location|
|3. File Type||Save as JPEG; quality: 12; convert profile to sRGB|
|4. Preferences||Check Include ICC Profile|
|No other settings should be selected.|
4. Click Run.
5. The files will be opened and processed in Photoshop(minimize the window to keep it from flashing) and saved in a JPEG subfolder here: H:\Dole Archive Files\_NewScans\_Processed\MasterScanHolding\TIFF\JPEG
6. Open Bulk Rename Utility or another renaming utility (or do it manually)
- Add the suffix _d to the JPG files.
- Add the suffix _m to the TIF files.
7. Move the TIF files up one directory to H:\Dole Archive Files\_NewScans\_Processed\MasterScanHolding
8. Move the JPG files up two directories to H:\Dole Archive Files\_NewScans\_Processed
[These steps could be automated via the DAMfileManager.cmd]