Scanning: Create PDF from Scanner
Return to previous: Check for Existing File
Turn on Computer
1. Turn Computer on. Then turn the Scanner on.
2. Place the first document on the scanner. Make sure there is a margin of about ¼” around all four edges.
Adobe Acrobat DC
3. Open Adobe Acrobat DC.
4. Go to File > Create > PDF from Scanner.
5. Select the scanner that starts with WIA.
6. Check Append to Existing File only if you are continuing to scan where someone else left off or where you left off in a previous shift—for example, in the middle of a folder.
7. Your custom settings should exactly match those in the screenshot and table below:
|Scanner||WIA-EPSON Expression 11000XL|
|Pages||Front Sides; CHECK Prompt for scanning more pages|
|Quality||UNCHECK Optimize Scanned PDF|
|Output||Create New PDF or Append (as applicable, see step 6 above)|
CHECK Recognize Text
|CHECK Add Metadata|
|CHECK Make PDF/A-1b compliant|
8. Click Scan.