Scanning: Embedding Metadata
Continued from Import Scan into Adobe Acrobat (DC)
21. A Document Properties box will pop up.
22. Enter the folder Title.
- Folder 1 (all): Dole Meets Dole, 1975
- Folder 2 (part 1): Elizabeth and Bob, 1975
- Folder 2 (part 2): Elizabeth and Bob, 1975
- Always enter the title this way:
- folder number
- (all) or (part)
- colon (:)
- folder name, comma
- date (if not already part of folder name)
23. Enter Keywords separated by commas but without spaces. Do put a space between two words in a phrase (ex: Press Release), but do not add spaces around the commas (ex: Researcher,Armenia). You will use these keywords to complete the metadata once the scan is in Entermedia.
- Example: Press Release,Researcher,Armenia,Genocide
Always enter these keywords:
- Document Type
- Subject(s): Try to think of at least three words or phrases that would be useful to a future researcher when searching for a document on this subject.
- Researcher: If the scan was created for a Researcher, enter Research as a keyword, but do not enter Researcher's name (for privacy reasons).
24. Click OK.
Next: Rotating Pages