Scanning: Scan Photographs in Silverfast
Turn on Computer
1. Turn Computer on. Then turn the Scanner on.
2. Open Silverfast (Lasersoft Imaging).
3. Match your settings to the custom settings in the screenshot and table below:
|Buttons at top left||Reflective | Positive | 48 -> 24 Bit | Frame|
|Path||H:\Dole Archive Files\_NewScans|
|File type dropdown||TIFF|
|AF button (Autofocus; bottom center)||Turn Autofocus On (AF On)|
|Other||No other settings should be selected. Click the X in the submenus on the left to get rid of any extra settings.|
Place the photograph
4. Place the first photograph on the scanner.
5. Click Prescan (upper left corner of the preview window).
6. Reposition red frame as needed. Make sure the photo is mostly straight and there is a margin of about ¼” around all four edges.
Note: If your settings are a mess, you can go to Frame > Frame settings and Frame > Frame set to return them to the correct values. Load Frame settings and/or Load Frame set with the most recent date. In the screenshot the most current setting is 201805_Dole.
7. Click Scan.
8. When the scan is complete the file will open in Photoshop CC 2018